Philippines Today

Switch to desktop
Philippines Today

Philippines Today

(Photo from Instagram | @richardgutz)

 

Actor Richard Gutierrez is back on the small screen.

 

This time the former GMA Network stalwart has crossed lines and is now a newly anointed Kapamilya.

 

And he joined the ABS-CBN not just with a bang, but also with a pang.

 

The handsome son of actor Eddie Gutierrez and Annabel Rama, Richard was introduced to the members of the movie press by his new mother studio, indicating his joining the network was timely and with a bang.

 

In the press conference, Richard surprised the media with his lean physique and younger looking countenance, columnist Isah V. Red wrote.

 

And since he already is featured in an action thriller television prime time series, “La Luna Sangre” which stars John Lloyd Cruz, Angel Locsin and today’s heartthrob Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo, he joined the network with a bang indeed.

 

And yes with a “pang” also as his role in the suspense thriller is that of a vampire like his co-stars.

 

This development prompted one to blurt out. “He would be the best looking vampire on the local screen. And if she encounters him even with his fans, she’d be willing to be bitten on her neck many times over.”

 

This half of the famous Gutierrez twins (the other is Raymond) is playing a vampire in ABS-CBN’s action romance series La Luna Sangre.

 

“I have always been curious how it is to work in ABS-CBN. I only hear great things about this network. Finally, now I’m here, I’m excited that I have been given the opportunity to work here,” Richard said during the contract signing on May 31 with the network’s COO for Broadcast Cory Vidanes, Star Creatives COO Malou Santos, Finance head for Broadcast and News and Current Affairs Cat Lopez, and his mother who is also his manager, Annabelle Rama.

 

Richard was tapped to play a vampire in La Luna Sangre, the series headlined by the top Kapamilya love team Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla.

 

Cathy Garcia-Molina is directing. 

 

Richard, in the series, is  Sandrino, the supreme vampire and long lost son of Magnus (Jake Roxas). 

 

Now, what his connection is with the lives of Mateo (John Lloyd Cruz), Lia (Angel Locsin) and Malia (Kathryn Bernardo) is what the audience should watch out for.

 

La Luna Sangre is the third in a series of fantasy drama after Lobo and Imortal, both produced by Star Creatives.

 

Richard is also starring in a movie with Angelica Panganiban and former love team Angel Locsin for Star Cinema.

Angel Locsin helps evacuees in Marawi City

Published in Entertainment

(Photo from Philippine Daily Inquirer)

 

Actress Angel Locsin has gone to Marawi City in the midst of the battle there between the government troops and the Islamist-inspired terrorists.

 

Angel, who is Angelica Locsin Colmenares in real life, made the trip as a volunteer to help the beleaguered refugees from the war being waged against the Maute terrorists there.


Many people have lauded Angel for her work but, ironically, some folks reprimanded her for all the photos coming out in the papers showing her doing civic work amidst the refugees.


Some know-it-alls even questioned her intentions and told her she should just have kept it secret if she’s really sincere and did not broadcast it anymore in public, observed respected columnist Mario Bautista. 


The same bashers are now criticizing the likes of Robin Padilla and KC Concepcion for not having done anything for the refugees, he noted.


Robin is a Muslim convert who has helped other needy Muslims before, while KC is a United Nations ambassador who was shown doing charity work several times in the past.


They’re now being pitted against Angel, like it’s a contest, saying “Naunahan pa sila ni Angel tumulong sa mga taga-Marawi,” the columnist observed.

 

 Meanwhile, Neil Arce, rumoured boyfriend of Angel Locsin, defended the actress who had been successful in her heroine role as “Darna.” 

 

“You don’t need to wear a costume to be a super hero,” Neil stated in his latest Instagram post, on Angel Locsin, in captioning a photo of Angel’s identification card as a Mindanao volunteer for the Talk Group Emergency Preparedness Response.

 

Neil’s post was obviously a reference to Darna, the iconic superhero that Angel portrayed in a GMA fantaserye and was supposed to reprise in a film version to be produced by Star Cinema and directed by Erik Matti, observed Interaksyon’s Edwin Sallan.

 

A recurring back injury, however, has forced Angel to give up the project that would still continue with Liza Soberano taking over the lead role.

 

But while Angel will no longer play Darna, she is certainly not giving up on doing heroic deeds in real life.

 

Angel, who describes herself on her own Instagram page as “Volunteer, Activist, Film & Television Actress,” visited refugees from the aerial bombings in Marawi at an evacuation center in Ma’had Alnor Al-Islaime, Block 8, Purok 5A, Ceanuri Subdivision in Tomas Cabili, Iligan City on Thursday.

 

This was reported in a Facebook post by Kathy Yamzon, secretary general of Bayan NCR.

 

This is not the first time that Angel made her presence felt in a Mindanao crisis.

Two years ago, the actress was very vocal in protesting the brutal shooting of two Lumad leaders and their civilian companion by paramilitary forces in Lianga, Surigao del Sur.

 

In her social media posts back then, Angel used the hash tag, “#StopLumadKillings” to articulate her grief and outrage. At around the same time, Angel’s sister, Ella Colmenares-Sabino, posted a 2009 visit to the Lumad community of the same place.

 

Angel’s concern over the Marawi crisis may stem from something a little more personal.

 

In 2009, the same year she and her sister visited the Lumad village in Surigao del Sur, it was reported by ABS-CBN hat Angel “is part of a Muslim royal family in Marawi City in the province of Lanao del Sur.”

 

Angel herself was quoted as saying that all she remembers is that her mother was adopted by a Muslim princess in Marawi City where her grandfather was also reportedly one of the 15 sultans there.

 

“Ngayon, nagkikita-kita pa din kami ng mga pinsan-pinsanan ko. Yong pinaka-lolo ko po ay nasa Marawi,” she also said back then, reported Edwin Sallan of Interaksyon.com.

 

On television, Angel’s affinity towards Mindanao is also reflected in her choice of roles.

 

She recently headlined a two-part episode of “Maalaala Mo Kaya” where she portrayed a Muslim woman who kidnapped a child and took her to her hometown in Lanao. Prior to this, she also played the girlfriend of one of the 44 ill-fated commandos of the elite Special Action Force who died in the infamous Mamasapano clash.

 

In showing her approval over the selection of Liza Soberano as the new big screen Darna, Angel turned over to the latter three Darna comic books that had been given to her when she was asked to prepare for the role.

 

“And for ten years, I kept these. Now that we have a new Darna, I asked Tita Malou [Santos, managing director of Star Cinema] to give these to Liza as my gift hoping they can help her just as they helped me. And just like the stone of Darna, I’m hoping that she’ll pass this on to her next successor someday. I wish Liza the best of luck! I know she’ll do great,” Angel posted on Instagram.

It’s a girl for Vic Sotto and Pauleen Luna!

Published in Entertainment

(Photo from Instagram | @pauleenlunasotto)

 

Popular actor, singer, comedian and television host Vic Sotto and wife Pauleen Luna are on cloud nine these days.

 

This as they announced, after a lot of teasing, on their top-rating noontime show on GMA Network, “Eat Bulaga,” that Pauleen is expecting a baby girl.

 

It will be the first baby of Pauleen, 28, who married Vic after four years of relationship that ended up in the altar.

 

For Vic, 63, who is Marvic Valentin Castelo Sotto in real life, it will be his fifth child. He was previously married with actress Dina Donnevie with whom he had two children Oyo, now also an actor and married to actress Kristine Hermosa, and Danica, who is married to Marc Pingris. He has a son (Victor or Vico) with former partner actress Coney Reyes who is now a councillor in Pasig City and a daughter with another former partner actress and commercial model Angela Luz named Paulina Sotto.

 

The couple’s noontime variety show "Eat Bulaga" shared a two-minute video clip of the gender reveal party on its official Facebook account on  June 25. The couple and their Dabarkads co-hosts of the program could be seen cheering for Team Lebron, for baby boy, and Team Jessica, for baby girl.

 

Thereafter, Vico and Pauleen ate chocolate-covered lollipop cakes revealing the color pink inside and signifying a girl.  It was later on revealed that Vic and Pauleen are expecting a baby girl. They will name her Jessica.

 

Vic himself announced his wife's pregnancy last month through the daily show. The pregnancy news came after their whole family celebrated his 63rd birthday at Balesin Island Club in Pollilo island in Quezon Province.

 

Baby Jessica will be the couple’s first child after they got married in January 2016 despite a 35-year age gap.

 

Luna, who is now 28, posted a photo of herself with Vico on Father’s Day via Instagram sharing she cannot wait to add her little one to his family.

 

“Happy Father’s Day to the soon-to-be father of five! I know and see how much you love your children that’s why I am so excited for our little one to come! Grateful for your life, always!” Pauleen wrote.

 

"Gusto ko pong i-announce sa Pilipinas at sa buong mundo na buntis ako, hindi po ako, ang aking asawa," Sotto said in the show last month.

 

Apparently, Pauleen and the rest of the “Eat Bulaga” cast were surprised with the announcement by Vic.

 

“Nagulat ako dun.  Hindi ako prepared,” said  Pauleen later, saying she and hubby did not talk about the announcement earlier.

 

The actor, singer, comedian and television host also asked for prayers for his wife's successful pregnancy which is her first.

 

'Ang amin pong hiling ay dasal para sa magiging tagumpay ng aming..." he said.

 

GMA Network immediately reported on the good news and posted the report on its website. Other media since followed suit.

 

In an Instagram post, Pauleen expressed her excitement to be a mother.

 

"Finally, a bun in the oven! Can't be more proud and excited to be a mom, thank you to my handsome for surprising me with this announcement. THANK YOU LORD FOR BEING SO GRACIOUS!" she said.

 

It was gathered that Pauleen was expecting the child by December.

 

Pauleen and Vic tied the knot last year in a star-studded wedding ceremony at St. James The Great Parish Church in Alabang, Muntinlupa City.

 

Pauleen said that her doctor has already advised her to take a rest.

 

“Hindi naman ganun kahirap ang pagbubuntis ko, pero hindi naman madali," she added.

 

The couple kept their weddingt private, with only family members, relatives, selected friends and colleagues in attendance — including Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach, a close friend of Pauleen, who was one of the bridesmaids.

 

The bride and groom were interviewed live, although separately, hours before the wedding by their co-hosts on their popular noontime show on GMA Network, “Eat Bulaga”, where they exhanged sweet messages for each other.

 

“Thank you for loving me. For loving me for what I am,” Vic said in the interview.

 

“‘Yung ano man ako, ‘yung ano mang pinagdaanan ko, tinanggap niya ako, and I highly appreciate that,” the actor-tv host-singer said.

 

According to a report, for her part, Pauleen addressed Vic: “We’ve prayed for this for quite a while. Marami na rin tayong napagdaanan (We’ve gone through so much) and I’m just so blessed that I’ll be sharing this life with you and I am so happy that I found my home in you.”

 

Pauleen wore a bridal gown designed by Francis Libiran. The wedding sponsors included the two other members of the “Eat Bulaga” triumvirate, Sen. Vicente "Tito" Sotto and Joey de Leon, and the show’s executive producer Tony Tuviera.

 

Another “Eat Bulaga” mainstay, Ruby Rodriguez, served as matron of honor, while Vic’s son with actress Coney Reyes, Vico Sotto, served as the best man.

 

Vic's children Danica and Oyo (with Dina Bonnevie), Vico (with Coney Reyes), and Paulina (with Angela Luz) were also in the event.

 

According to a report, Vic and Pauleen actually first met on “Eat Bulaga.” Pauleen was then 6 years old who joined the show’s kiddie beauty pageant “Little Miss Philippines.”

 

It was gathered that by then, Vic had already been separated for two years from his first wife, actress Dina Bonnevie, whom he married in 1982. Bonnevie has recently re-married with Vice Governor Deogracias Victor Sabellano of Ilocos Sur.

 

One of the country’s most accomplished comedians, probably next only to the late comedy king Dolphy in stature, Vic had been one of the country’s most eligible — and elusive bachelors — since his marriage to Dina was annulled in 1992.

 

He has two children with Dina — Danica and Oyo, who are both older than Pauleen.

 

Vic had dated another “Eat Bulaga” co-host, Pia Guanio, for many years before he and Pauleen started dating in late 2011. However, he only admitted the controversial relationship two years later.

 

After the wedding, the couple hosted a reception and then prepared for their flight to Maldives for their honeymoon.

 

Vic's son Vico told a radio interview before the weeding that their father had their full support. "Siyempre bilang isang anak, dapat mahalin natin at galangin ang ating mga magulang. So full support naman po ako sa wedding ni Papa," he was quoted as saying by radio DZMM.

 

Sotto first confirmed his relationship with Luna, who is 35 years younger than him, back in December of 2013. The two, however, have been together since 2011.

 

Their relationship, due to their huge age gap, was initially met with criticisms, especially from Sotto's daughter Danica.

 

In a special aired on "Eat Bulaga," Sotto, who confirmed his engagement to Luna last September, opened up about the criticisms his relationship with the actress had received.

 

"I know na hindi ganung kadali na tanggapin ang aming mga desisyon but I know that you all love me and respect me kaya eto na kami ngayon," he said.

(Photo from Instagram | @nadzlustre)

 

Is actress Nadine Lustre already pregnant?

 

The poser was raised after rumors circulated that the young actress was expecting a child.

 

Nadine, of course, vehemently denied the “fake news.

 

In an interview, the actress said she does not know where the fake news is coming from considering that she has lost a lot of weight lately.

 

“Hindi ko po alam. Baka pagkain lang po 'yung nasa loob ng tiyan ko,” she said laughing, according to an ABS-CBN report.

 

Nadine said she has been going to the gym to maintain her slim figure.

 

 Lustre said: “Nag-gi-gym po ako pero hindi siya regular. Controlled eating lang po ako talaga.”

 

The actress also shared how she deals with her bashers who spread lies about her on social media. “Depende. May times na dedma. May times talaga na kailangan mag-speak up ka,” she quipped.

 

Nadine said she is excited be part of “It’s Showtime” as a regular host beginning next month. Currently, she co-hosts the show three times a week.

 

As to the best thing she’s learned so far in hosting, shee said: “Relax lang, maging open ka lang sa lahat ng sasabihin mo. Siyempre nakaka-relate ka sa iba’t ibang klase ng tao. Nakaka-relate ako kila Vice. Natututo ako mag-host.”

 

Aside from “It’s Showtime,” the actress is also working on a movie with her boyfriend and onscreen partner, James Reid, but they cannot reveal any details about it just yet. June 24, 2017

 

Meanwhile, showbiz authority Mario Bautista reported that James and his camp should be alarmed with the spate of negative publicity coming out about him.

 

 First is the feedback on the photo of him hugging a friend of Nadine Lustre named Mika Tan, which was just a friendly hug but malicious bashers still found enough reason to hate him.

 

 Nadine herself was so pissed she answered back in her own account: “I’m sorry, but seriously, WTF are you all going on about? Talking shit about my best friend? Your minds belong to the gutter!” Mario wrote.

 

The 23-year-old actress tweeted, “Your minds belong to the gutter” complete with a GIF showing some kids playing in a flooded gutter.

 

She even threatened, “I’ll shut you all down.”

 

Nadine derided the bashers as “not even fans” given that “they’re just there to hate and make issues. Disheartening the real fans.”

 

She ended her tirade with a “Now if ya’ll excuse me… I’m late for my date with my PS4.”

 

The issue started when photos of Mika and James hugging each other surfaced online.

 

Mika already commented on the matter via Instagram, saying “The world has so many bigger issues right now, but I guess hugging friends gets a twisted meaning, too. Thinking there’s malice in any of that and making things up based on an IG post… delusional.”

 

“If you want to waste your time and troll on me, go ahead. But getting my friends who I treat like family involved… I swear I’ll break your face,” Mika added, according to published reports.

 

Nadine has since explained why she reacted to the issue in an interview with ABS-CBN News.

 

“Minsan lang kailangan talagang mag-remind na hindi na tama,” she said. “Hindi pwedeng iyong hahayaan mo lang kasi naulit na siya eh – paulit-ulit na so parang hindi na fair sa mga taong na-a-ano.”

 

The actress cleared she was also present at the party where the picture of Mika and James was taken and she saw nothing wrong with it.

 

She said James just laughed off the issue. “Hindi naman kasi siya interesado sa mga ganyan. Alam naman natin iyong totoo so bakit pa natin papatulan?”

 

But she is different from her boyfriend as “kaibigan ko din iyong bina-bash nila so parang hindi iyon tama.”

  

The columnist also wrote that there’s also a story that James has become difficult to deal with because of the pesky interference of his relatives who act like they know better on how to run his career.

 

He stated even more damaging is that he failed to report on the set of “It's Showtime” to do a special number with Nadine because he allegedly got so drunk the night before.

 

According to the columnist, some folks are even insinuating that he has a drinking problem. Some concerned fans declared that they’re disgruntled with James’ unprofessional behavior and it would better for him and Nadine to just leave “Showtime” since he’s absent most of the time anyway.

 

“Showtime” doesn’t really need the JaDine love team as they already have existing competent hosts, according to the columnist. “The truth is JaDine needs the show more as that’s their only regular exposure as of now on TV since ABS-CBN has not given them any new soap after their last one, “Till I Met You”, didn’t rate as well as expected like their first one, “On the Wings of Love,” he added. 


Mario Bautista has this message to the duo: “JaDine should also bear in mind that ABS-CBN is currently cultivating more new loveteams in their camp like McLisse and MayWard and these younger tandems can easily overtake and eclipse them in terms of popularity.”

Copyrighted for Philippines Today Tel: (650) 872-3200. Website developed by: SP3Media.com

Top Desktop version